Who we are:
As a top tier managed security service provider (MSSP) to customers across Canada, we partner with our clients to plan the optimization of their technical infrastructure to meet their long-term business needs. Our organization with its team of experts from desktop support up, but not limited to, CIO/CTO services provide cost-effective managed IT environments for our clients. At iSpire we create close, long-term relationships with our customers. We place a strong emphasis on understanding our customers business, ensuring technology helps rather than holds them back. Our focus is proactive and practical with a commitment to doing what is right for the customer in all situations. We use the best of breed tools and processes and take a wholistic approach to their IT needs.
With decades of subject matter expertise in IT, engineering, process, and controls, iSpire offers a broader range of services than a typical managed services provider (MSP) company. Our services are used by global companies right down to small businesses. Our team here at iSpire are also highly engaged in our community, initiating and funding projects such as Connexionworks, where we provide mentorship to brand new start-ups, to regional security operations centers (SOC), we are committed to giving back to and building the communities we service.
Information Technology seeks an IT Tier-II Service Desk Technician who will, under general supervision, use their knowledge and experience to improve and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Service Desk operations. The Tier-II Service Desk Technician will resolve incident and service request tickets that are escalated to them from Tier-I. The Tier-II Service Desk Technician will provide first level escalation support to Tier-I, support the customer remotely and desk-side, troubleshoot and install hardware, software, and peripherals. The candidate will clearly document tickets for escalation to Tier-III, and provide customer training as needed to support the business functions of the iSpire client.
You will cultivate a professional work ethic and thrive in a team environment, along with a strong sense of duty and a reputation for being dependable. Your customer service (soft) skills must be fully matured and skilled in deescalating tense situations. You must be well organized with ability to work independently. You show initiative and act independently to resolve tickets, manage multiple priorities, and follow through on customer engagement.
- Provide accurate, professional, and timely documented updates to all assigned tickets.
- Follow and execute documented and approved policy, processes, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot computers, applications, printers, and peripherals, remotely and desk-side, using individual experience and documented Incident models.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with users and technical support.
- Provide end-user support at client locations and remotely via Kaseya Management Platform
- Support and deploy servers, network equipment, desktops and client applications
- Provisioning of accounts and access
- Plan, execute, and implement infrastructure and business system projects
- Be client focused providing exceptional customer service
- Experience supporting Windows environments, Active Directory and Exchange
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 8/10/11 and windows Server 2008 and above. MAC support is a plus
- Office 365 applications experience
- Prior experience working in a managed service or in a field technician capacity
- Experience with Autotask or related system
- Experience with Kaseya or related system
- Hardware knowledge; laptops, desktops, servers, networking
- Strong background in network technologies; switches, routers, wireless, LAN/WAN, VPN, VoIP
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP functionality. (Certifications an asset)
- Office 365 (Certifications an asset)
- Edge/Google Chrome/Mozilla
- Workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting
- Imaging best practices
- Anti-virus tool operations
- Basic SaaS connectivity
- Software licensing understanding
- Client VPN tools
- Multiple third party applications
Coaching IT Help Desk Level I and Level II Technicians
- Resolve all issues presented to you from junior technician
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective communicator and problem solver
- Driven to improve customer satisfaction, both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under high pressure situations
- Must be able to meet team goals and enjoy working collaboratively as a team
- Effectively coach Tier I and Tier II Technicians
Remuneration and vacation will be in accordance with experience & qualifications. iSpire provides both benefits and optional RRSP contributions after a set period of employment. This position has a set work schedule, with additional required hours based on operational business needs.
If you are looking for a challenging and growth-oriented career, we want to hear from you.