About iSpire – iSpire is a growing IT Service provider in Saint John, New Brunswick with operations centered in Atlantic Canada, but expanding internationally. Founded in 2007, iSpire’s main line of business is as a Managed Services Provider. In this role, iSpire’s team of professional technicians, network administrators, and senior technicians act as their customers’ external IT department. This approach allows small and medium size businesses to gain the power & knowledge base of a large IT department. As such, iSpire handles everyday ticketing, special projects planning & execution for their customers, and in some cases act in a similar role to that of a CIO. Other lines of business for iSpire include Video Surveillance Systems, VoIP Phone Systems, Cloud Hosting Options, and Custom Application Development.
At iSpire, employees can grow with the company. Each employee is encouraged to share ideas for projects, growth, and take ownership of their own professional development. This includes the opportunity to gain new knowledge & expertise in current technology offerings or new areas of interest. iSpire strives to promote a healthy culture by being a morally sound company, being flexible with employee schedules, and offer employees a great Healthcare Plan and RRSP’s.
Job Overview – iSpire is seeking a Technical Pillar Lead who will use their knowledge and experience to improve and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the technology support, infrastructure, and IT systems improvements made within their customer’s businesses. The Technical Pillar Lead is responsible for managing the team that delivers support services to their customers and will act as the final escalation point for customer tickets that are dealing with customer specific solutions and customer requests that go to subject matter experts for resolution. This role will involve but will not be limited to remote & desk-side support, trouble-shooting hardware, software, and network peripheral issues, general training as a value added service for customers, providing clear documentation for Tier III escalations, and special project work. This position is targeted for a professional individual who is looking to grow their career. A great work ethic, working well in a team environment, being dependable & self-driven, and showing initiative are all keys to being the successful candidate for this position. Other crucial attributes of the successful candidate include great time management skills, the ability to prioritize activities, being able to learn & adapt quickly, work well under pressure, and de-escalate high tension situations.
The successful candidate will have a set work schedule, with additional hours needed for afterhours projects. It is also the expectation that the candidate will join the on-call shift rotation.
Remuneration and Vacation will be in accordance with Experience & Qualifications.
- Provide accurate, professional, and timely documented updates to all assigned tickets.
• Follow and execute documented and approved policy, processes, and procedures.
• Troubleshoot computers, applications, printers, and peripherals, remotely and deskside, using individual experience and documented incident models.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with users and technical support.
• Support and deploy servers, network equipment, desktops and client applications
• Provisioning of accounts and access
• Plan, execute, and implement infrastructure and business system projects
• Be client focused providing exceptional customer service
• Support Windows environments, Active Directory and Exchange
• Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 7/8/10, Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server. MAC support a plus
• Resolve all issues presented to you from junior technician
• Excellent interpersonal skills, effective communicator, and problem solver
• Driven to improve customer satisfaction, both internally and externally
• Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under high pressure situations
• Must be able to meet team goals and enjoy working collaboratively as a team
• Effectively coach Tier I and Tier II Technicians
• Other duties as assigned by Management
- A certificate in Network Administration or Systems Administration
• Prior experience working in a managed service or field technician capacity
• Experience with RMM or PSA solutions considered an asset
• A working knowledge the ITIL Service Delivery framework
• Experience managing a team of technical staff
• Hardware knowledge; laptops, desktops, servers, networking
• Strong background in network technologies; switches, routers, wireless, LAN/WAN, VPN, VoIP
• Must be well organized with ability to work independently.
• Show initiative and act independently to resolve tickets, manage multiple priorities, and follow through on customer engagement.
• Be a self-starter who is highly organized, learns quickly and retains that knowledge to apply to customer solutions.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP functionality.
• Remote desktop, Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla, workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting, imaging best practices, anti-virus tool operations, basic SaaS connectivity, software licensing, client VPN capabilities, and third party applications such as Adobe.
• Network storage, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, mobile device support (iOS & Android), user shares, print servers operations, and Active Directory security and permissions.
iSpire appreciates all applications, however, only applicants being considered for this position will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent