Who we are:
As a top tier managed security service provider (MSSP) to customers across Canada, we partner with our clients to plan the optimization of their technical infrastructure to meet their long-term business needs. Our organization with its team of experts from desktop support up, but not limited to, CIO/CTO services provide cost-effective managed IT environments for our clients. At iSpire we create close, long-term relationships with our customers. We place a strong emphasis on understanding our customers business, ensuring technology helps rather than holds them back. Our focus is proactive and practical with a commitment to doing what is right for the customer in all situations. We use the best of breed tools and processes and take a wholistic approach to their IT needs.
With decades of subject matter expertise in IT, engineering, process, and controls, iSpire offers a broader range of services than a typical managed services provider (MSP) company. Our services are used by global companies right down to small businesses. Our team here at iSpire are also highly engaged in our community, initiating and funding projects such as Connexionworks, where we provide mentorship to brand new start-ups, to regional security operations centers (SOC), we are committed to giving back to and building the communities we service.
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Install and configure computer network equipment.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provide network support to users.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and backup.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
This position is a fulltime position (40 hour work week 8AM-5PM), with occasional on call as needed. iSpire offers medical and dental benefits after a 3 month probationary period and RRSP after 1 year.
Network Services Specialist Qualifications/Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, community college or a related field
- 2+ years experience in a network admin role
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Previous experience with switches and routers
- MCSE certification a plus
- CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus
Remuneration and vacation will be in accordance with experience & qualifications. iSpire provides both benefits and optional RRSP contributions after a set period of employment.
If you are looking for a challenging and growth-oriented career, we want to hear from you. Apply below.