iSpire is a Managed IT Service Provider in Saint John, New Brunswick looking to add a Technical Project Manager to its team. Over the past 4 years, iSpire has doubled in size and is looking to continue that growth by doubling in size again over the next 24 months. Currently, iSpire serves customers in the Hospitality, Municipality, Auto Dealership, Not-for-Profit, and General Business markets across Canada all from its Saint John headquarters. Part of the expected growth is a result of the newly created business division focusing on serving the Cyber Security needs of new and existing customers.
As iSpire grows, the focus of its hiring efforts continues to be around building a strong team that work together to obtain the expected results and provide the top-quality support our customers have come to expect. Future members of iSpire’s team will be positive, energetic, team-oriented, excited about growth, and looking for something that is always new and challenging.
Our new Technical Project Manager needs to be able to understand, design and implement solutions that meet our customers various business needs in a variety of environments. If you have spent time working in network administration and would like to take a step into project management while keeping your hands on the technical side, this job is for you. We expect the successful candidate to spend approximately 80% of their time on project management but 20% of the time reviewing and providing input to recommended solutions, overseeing quality control and implementation (on or offsite) work.
- Manage projects from initiation to close with a focus on monitoring and meeting scope, schedule, budget and customer satisfaction targets.
- Project resources can range from an individual to a team of 3 or more people including outside vendors depending on the scope of the project.
- Understand and guide the estimating process for schedule and costs.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that will be the guide for managing all aspects of the project. Maintaining those plans for the duration of the project and following through to completion.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Communicate effectively to all project stakeholders.
- Look for efficiencies and creative solutions to save time, resources or money in the regular execution of projects.
- Provide accurate, professional, and timely updates.
- Be a mentor and high level technical resource to more junior staff.
- Follow process as set by the Project Management Coordinator. We follow much of the PMP methodology.
- Reports to Project Management Coordinator.
- Post-secondary education in Network Administration
- 5+ years Network administration work experience, preferably in a variety of technical environments.
- A recent focus on project management or at a minimum participating as a team member in a project environment.
- Strong background in network technologies including but not limited to switches, routers, wireless, LAN/WAN, VPN, VoIP, Network Attached Storage
- Windows environments, Active Directory and Exchange, Office 365
- HyperV and VMWare replication
- MS operating systems, Windows 7/8/10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012/2012 R2, 2016.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP functionality.
- Remote desktop, Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla, workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting, imaging best practices, anti-virus tool operations, basic SaaS connectivity, software licensing, client VPN capabilities, and third party applications such as Adobe.
- Experience with VMWARE vSphere and vCenter
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Experience with Hyper-V Server
- Experience with Ubiquiti Wireless systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Valid drivers license and access to a car (mileage reimbursed)
Considered a benefit to have experience with:
- Experience with Milestone camera systems
- Experience with Hartmann Controls for access control systems
- Experience with Azure, AWS, etc.